Wednesday, March 9, 2011

The Final Countdown



For our final training trek we did back to back hikes; on Saturday we hiked along the Trans Canada Trail near Mary Catherine’s cottage.  It was sunny but very cold, and a great test of our base layers and other gear!

On Sunday we hiked along some new areas of the Rouge Trail.  It was very icy and we had several slips along the way.  At one point I was walking down the side of the trail to avoid some icy log stairs and I completely wiped out and started sliding down the hill full speed ahead on my bum!  I was fine, so I jumped up with much enthusiasm shouting at the girls to hurry up only to wipe out again!  Needless to say Chrissy and Alice were laughing at me so hard that they almost fell down the stairs.  I think that our group will be a great source of entertainment for everyone on the mountain next week…….

This will be the last post until we get back as we fly out in 3 days!  Thank you to everyone who has supported our trek so far.  It’s not too late to make a donation; please click on the link to the right.  Stay tuned for more updates when we return!

3 comments:

  1. SNAPS FOR HOLLY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go girls! I'll be thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a coincidence. I summitted Kili last September right before becoming a Rotarian. Good luck! It's wonderful

    ReplyDelete